Flooring-Hardwood and MoreOctober 17, 2013
How to Choose Flooring | Pease WarehouseDecember 29, 2013
Whether you’re completely replacing your floor and or just adding to your home with crown molding to add a touch of style to your home, we have what you need to do it. Interior trim and trim moulding can be made out of different types of wood. Some of the types that we carry are listed below.
About Our Interior Wood Trim:
- Medium Density Fiberboard: This is an affordable trim option. It’s sold with a layer of primer and is ready for a top-coat layer.
- Finger-Jointed Pine: This is like the “next step up” when compared to medium density fiberboard because it’s more durable. It’s made of short lengths of pine mortised and glued together. It’s usually sold with a primer applied.
- Pine: Pine is known as the most affordable wood trim that you can buy and then stain. It’s also considered the easiest to stain.
- Poplar: Poplar is beautiful wood that is also easy to stain and paint.
- Oak: Oak is the most expensive wood trim (except for exotic wood such as Mahogany). We carry red oak trim and white oak.
There are different types of trim as well:
- Crown moulding: This is used to cover the space from the ceiling to wall.
- Door & window casing: Door and window casing is used to conceal and close in the gap between a window or doorframe and the drywall.
- Baseboard: A baseboard is used to cover gaps between the floor and drywall.