Picture7.jpg

History of Nisbet Brower

Picture1.png
Picture3.png
Picture4.png
Picture5.png
Picture9.png
Picture10.jpg

1997

Clermont Lumber Company

Started in 1933 in Milford, Ohio

Custom Millwork/Custom Stairs/Pre-Hung Interior Doors, Retail Hardware Store

Acquired in 1997 from the Critchell Family by Nisbet Lumber & Hardware and became our 2nd location

Brower Products

2000

In 2000, Nisbet Lumber acquired the assets of BROWER PRODUCTS (formerly The Pease Co.) which at the time was owned by Bill, Dan & Danny Brower and our very own Mark Frericks.

Distributor of kitchen cabinets and tops

Manufacturer of laminate countertops

Name changed to Nisbet Brower

2003

11575 Reading Rd

Purchased the old GM parts facility at 11575 Reading Road in Sharonville, October 2003

Combined original Nisbet Lumber location in Loveland, Clermont Lumber in Milford as well as Brower location in Colerain

Started move in June, 2004

2003

10801 Reading Rd

In 2003, purchased the prior Furrow’s Home Center location at 10801 Reading Road in Evendale

Moved Regency Marble from Loveland to Evendale April 2004

In 2004, constructed 10,000 sq ft Kitchen & Bath Design Showroom in front of the Regency Marble facilities

2008

Smokey Engineered Products

In 2008, purchased the assets of Smokey, Inc., a truss manufacturing plant located in Dayton, Ohio

In 2009, acquired the assets of Riemeier Lumber’s wall panel operations located in Cincinnati

June, 2011, decision made to move the panel and truss operations from Dayton to the now vacant Regency Marble location in Evendale

Name changed to Nisbet Brower Components

2022

Pease Warehouse & Kitchen Showroom

In 2022, Nisbet Brower acquired Pease Hardware & Kitchen Showroom located in Hamilton

Distributor of kitchen cabinets and tops

Pease has been a family owned company since 1893

when it started on Water Street in downtown Cincinnati 

Name changed to Pease by Nisbet Brower Kitchen & Bath Showroom

Nisbet Lumber & Hardware

1976

Purchased in 1976 by the Rippe Family and Scharfenberger Family

Name changed to NISBET LUMBER & HARDWARE

Distributor of lumber & building materials and retail hardware store

1919

L. W. Nisbet Company

1919 Lawrence Nisbet purchased planing operation 

 

1940 purchased hardware operation by Nisbet Family

 

Changed name to

 L. W. Nisbet Co.

1870

A. B. Brock Company

Started in 1870 in Loveland as a general store

 

Early 1900s, added planing mill and lumber yard, coal and feed yard

1/22
1/20
Brower Products.jpg
Pease by NB Logo.png
Image by Jason Leung

Happy Birthday to 
Rob Simmons
Marketing

Image by Jason Leung